Julen González Redín (Donostia, 1989) is PhD in Sustainable Development and Environment from the James Hutton Institute (UK), University of Dundee (UK) and CSIRO (Australia). Previously, he obtained his Bachelor’s Degree in Environmental Sciences from the University of the Basque Country and a Master’s Degree in Sustainable Development from the University of St Andrews (UK), in addition to gaining experience as an Environmental Consultant and Research Assistant in different environmental projects.
Julen now joins the Naider team to promote projects and initiatives aimed at integrating the environmental variable in companies and creating more sustainable cities-territories. He brings with him an interdisciplinary profile and an integrated vision of sustainability, developed through his training and international work experience in various areas, including the environmental and circular economy, climate change, conservation and environmental governance.
Ongi etorri, Julen!
Main features of professional career
- 2019 | NAIDER – Sustainability and urban and territorial development projects
- 2014-2018 | PhD in Sustainable Development from the James Hutton Institute (UK) and CSIRO
- 2013-2014 | Master in Sustainable Development at the University of St Andrews (United Kingdom)
- 2012-2013 | Environmental Consultant, with Becal Global Training (Basque Government), at Enviros s.r.o.
(Prague, Czech Republic)
- 2011-2012 | Research Assistant, with a Leonardo Da Vinci Grant (European Union), at James
Hutton Institute (Aberdeen, UK).
- 2011 | Environmental volunteer at Archelon – The Sea Turtle Protection Society (Crete, Greece).
- 2007-2011 | Degree in Environmental Sciences at the University of the Basque Country (Vitoria-Gasteiz)